Wednesday, September 4, 2019

ARTIC BLAST


This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh

September 4th question:  If you could pick one place in the  world to sit and writer your next story, where would it be and why?

Me?
Kiruna, Lapland Sweden...
90 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
Yup!
Me who loves & lives in the tropics of Mexico...
Me who craves the  sun year round... 
Me who thrives in the heat and the humidity...
Yes, me would love to go there...
Where the herring swim and the reindeer  roam ...
But not because I’m mostly Swedish...
And not for the amazing Aurora Borealis...
But because of the Polar Nights...
Those three months of 24/7 total darkness.
Ya see, I write my best in darkness...
So I would definitely welcome...
All-dayer & all-nighter writing days.
I'd have maid service and fresh sheets daily...
Room service for anything, and of course coffee...
Factoid: Sweden is in the top 3 of the world's coffee consumers 
There'd be no distractions to want to go outside...
Because it’d be frickin’ freezing!
But if I did...
I could go cross-country skiing...
And reindeer or dog-sledding...
And of course see the awesome Aurora Borealis. 








And you?
Where’s your perfect writing spot?

Always,
Em-Musing


--> -->

13 comments:

lostinimaginaryworlds.blogspot.com said...

All sounds wonderful, would love to do all those things, but there seems to be some conflict between writing and having a great time, wonder which would win... 😊

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's a good point about it being dark so long. It would keep you indoors writing.

Nicki Elson said...

The perfect place for a night writer! But something tells me you would wander outside for at least a little bit...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That would be perfect! Plus some great musicians come from that area.

Tyrean Martinson said...

There would definitely be no distractions! However, I like a little ambient noise, a little distraction now and then. I'm often too distracted, but on the days when I don't have any distractions, I lose momentum.
I hope you get a writing retreat that's just for you!
Happy writing!

Judy Ann Davis said...

Yes, Sweden and it's Northern Lights is spectacular. I lived in Lund, Sweden (Southern Sweden) for a year. However, I'm not a fan of total darkness. I did spend time in Alaska during the summer with almost total light and it was unsettling. I hope you get to Lapland sometime to try writing there.

Pat Hatt said...

Never thought about the dark 24/7 as a writing spot, sounds perfect indeed. As long as one doesn't freeze first.

Doreen Mcgettigan said...

Oh wow that would be kind of fabulous now that you mention it! And the room service makes it that much grander. I'm not a fan of the cold but I bet it's beautiful, the lights and all!

Powdered Toast Man said...

That sound lovely. I think I will join you. Save a cup o' joe for me.

googlemediaseo said...


I liked your blog very much Digital Marketing By the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website Development

Satta King said...

satta king Take Your Time Management Skills Further With Some Ideas

That is the reason this article. Here is advice on time management tips to help you.

prince said...

play bazaar Keep in mind that choosing the right portfolio is only half the battle. You have to invest on a regular basis, regardless of whether you do so weekly, monthly or quarterly.

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that choosing the right portfolio is only half the battle. You have to invest on a regular basis, regardless of whether you do so weekly, monthly or quarterly.
https://dailycontributors.picturepush.com/album/3215564/p-Dailycontributors.html