Friday, January 15, 2010

POP GOES THE GEEZER

I was bending over putting clothes in my dryer yesterday when . . .
POP!
I was terrified that it was . . .
My sciatica!
But whatever popped . . .
Had popped whatever vertebrae had been out of place causing my neck to hurt for the last few days.
Not long after, I turned in my office chair to grab the phone and  . . .
POP!
Oh no!
No wait  . . .
The vertebrae in the middle of my back that just popped back in place was the one that had been making my upper inner thigh hurt when I walked.
Yes!
How that vertebrae popped by just turning in my chair, I have no idea.
But I’m damn grateful.
And how a vertebrae can effect my leg I have no idea either.
And just a few hours ago in bed . . .
I turned over and  . . .
POP!
Yet another vertebrae.
And this one is for my sciatica
Not that it was out of place  . . .
But for the last few years it’s been on the verge.
Thankfully, this vertebrae is holding its own for now.
And then a few minutes ago, when I was doing my yoga back stretches in the shower, the ditty, “This Little Piggy” that I had told my year-old grandson last week popped in my head.
And so did this one . . .
This little vertebrae pops my neck . . .
And this little vertebrae pops my leg back  . . .
This little vertebrae pops my hip in place . . .
And this little vertebrae pops my sciatica . 
And this little vertebrae  . . .
Dear God!
Hopefully won't need a chiropractor!
Thank heavens for glucosamine, Omega 3's, yoga stretches, MSM, and laughter.
Always, Em-Musing

No comments: