Tuesday, June 7, 2011

BITE ME!

Well, the jury’s out…
Whether I have shingles or…
BED BUG BITES!!!
A friend of mine saw the bites and said,
“Bed bug bites! I know, I’ve had them.”
My oldest daughter, (the scientist) looked at them and said,
“Bed bugs!”
My younger daughter (the attorney) though…
The one whose house I stayed at said,
“Well, if it’s bed bugs, you brought them in.”
Really?
 “You brought them back from Mexico!”
“But!” I countered…
“I didn’t get bites until I stayed at your house for the weekend.”
“Doesn’t matter. You brought them in with your luggage.”
“But I’m not getting any new bites at my apartment.”
“Doesn’t matter. Youy brought them in.”
Well, I’m not even sure what my bumps are from…
So in the interest of saving my grandkids…
From a possible bed bug attack…
I guess I’ll have to go to the doctor for a diagnosis.
And just as important…
Being that I’m going to RWA nationals soon…
I want to make sure I don’t get anymore bites…
So I don’t look like a freak...
Walking around the Marriott Marquis.
Oh, and speaking of the Marriott Marquis…
For all those of you who are going either to RWA Nationals…
Or just NYC…
Here’s a link to a current bed bug registry of hotels in NYC.
EEW!
To think there's an actual official registry is really creepy...
But obviously really necessary.
So?
Ever have bed bug bites?

Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

OMG I'm so sorry. So what does that mean? You have to fumigate, or get rid of the luggage? Not to mention the doctor? I thought all you had to do was look at the bed and you could see them?

Elena Solodow said...

I feel like I'm jinxing myself responding to this post, but (knock on wood) I haven't had bed bugs before...

Samantha Vérant said...

Be thankful you don't have shingles! My mom got it somehow and her back is still scarred! I'm kind of feeling itchy now. Gotta go...

lol