Monday, June 27, 2011

THE GAMES BRAINS PLAY

Last week...
I got hit with a block…
Sort of like writer’s block, but not quite.
I got hit with—Muse block!
It’s seems I had no problem writing…
(because I worked on my W.I.P. last week)
It’s musing for my blog that blocked up my brain.
(hence my “no show” last week)
And besides my muse being blocked in my brain…
My brain is forgetting things!
Like names.
“Oh don’t worry,” I can hear you say…
“Everyone forgets names sometimes.”
 But names of spices?
“Don’t worry,” my psychologist friend in New Hampshire said…
(I was a guest at her house last week)
“Everyone has so much more information in their brains…
that it takes longer to process and find it.”
(OK, phew! It’s normal, not Alzheimer’s)
And she’s right, I am processing more lately…
I’ve been processing practicing pitching for–
RWA National Conference this week…
I’m leaving tomorow!
SQUEEEEEEE!
And good for me…I’ve got my pitch down pat.
Just not good for me ‘cause I don’t have…
An agent or editor session lined up.
But that’s OK, I’ll stand in the corral waiting for a slot and pitch…
SQUEEEEEEE!
I’ve also got my wardrobe picked out and packed…
SQUEEEEEE!
And a new hat.
I mean, I had to get a new hat, didn’t I?
I mean, I have to keep my persona up, don’t I?
SQUEEEEEE!
Well, wish me luck...
SQUEEEEEE!
I’m off to New York City!
(and if I say SQUEEEEEE one more time…
please, someone slap me!)

Always, Em-Musing
P.S. Tomorrow, before I leave, if my brain can remember...
I'm going to post a photo on my blog of my new hat .

3 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

LOL! I can't wait to see you new hat! :o)

Sarah said...

GOOD LUCK! So exciting! I hope you get to pitch and that it goes swimmingly. Have fun, and please present a triumphant picture of you in the hat.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I think it's okay to have muse block during the summer. Sunshine don't last forever.