Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE TIME FRITTERER'S LIFE

It’s the title of my new book.
Don’t laugh…
I’ve spent so much time…
Frittering away time…
That I think I could fill a whole book full of chapters.
Oh, and you know how it starts, don’t you?
Hmm? Let’s see, it goes like this…
You know you should be working on your W.I.P…
But your mind can’t focus…
At least on that…
Your eyes dance around...
Searching for a reason…
(a.k.a. an excuse)…
To do something more important.
(at least it seems like it at the time)
Like cleaning the slats on Venetian blinds.
Did you know that could take hours?
Or going through “trash” in emails…
Heaven forbid I deleted something there I needed.
My biggest distraction though...
Is researching something on Google.
And who could fault a person for learning?
Like the latest laser technology to get rid of wrinkles…
Or how will the world really end in 2012?
Or...
Well, you get the idea.
So?
Are you a time fritterer?
C’mon, I can’t be the only writer who is...
What’s the most creative time fritter you’re guilty of?

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Talli Roland said...

This sounds like me! :) I can faff around for HOURS. Hours, I tell you. Give me Google and I can waste the day.

Karen Baldwin said...

Faff? I like that word.

PM Kavanaugh said...

Most definitely. Most creative? How about practicing hand stands (against the wall) instead of writing? Least creative? It's a tie between cleaning out my cat's litter box and Swiffering the bathroom floor!

Karen Baldwin said...

Hahahahah! Handstands? That's hilarious!