Tuesday, July 3, 2018

THE ROAD NOT TRAVELLED YET

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens
the first Wednesday of each month.
It would be sweet of you to visit at least a dozen or so new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.

The co-hosts this month are Nicki Elson, Juneta Key, Tamara Narayan, and Patricia Lynne!

The optional question is: What are your ultimate writing goals, and how have they changed over time (if at all)?

Hmm?
I don’t believe my writing goals have changed...
As much as my thinking has changed...
Regarding my road to publication.
It’s tough! A lot tougher than I ever thought.
And it’s scary!
Trust me...
I’m not a wuss...
I live in a tropical jungle in Mexico...
Where scorpions, tarantulas, spiders, snakes, and other critters...
Lurk everywhere...
And jaguars roam at night.
So no...
I ain’t no scaredy cat.
Except when it comes to self-pubbing...
Because it's like climbing Everest!
Blindfolded!
Without a map! Or a clue!
And there are the few misteps I've taken along the way...
Not to mention battling my insecurity...
That I’ll never sell a book...
Because my writing sucks!
But...
I’m getting there.
Slowly.
And I’ve learned to accept that if this is how long it takes...
So be it...
Because I am moving in the right directionforward!

And you?
How're you doing with your writing goals?

Always,
Em-Musing

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you can sleep in a jungle with jaguars, you can face anything.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

If you have any questions, please ask. I can help.

Rachna Chhabria said...

My writing goals too haven't changed, but getting books published is very tough.

Nick Wilford said...

We all have our own pace that works well for us. Just keep exploring.

Nicki Elson said...

Forward is good, jungle woman!

Unknown said...

I second Alex's comment. If you can live in the jungle with jaguars, you can do anything. Your writing is amazing, and you have the marketing experience. So just jump in and do it! (From the scaredy-cat who lives in the gated-subdivision on the other side of the road with 24-hour guards between me and the real world!)

Shannon Lawrence said...

Moving forward like you! It's daunting, but possible.

Satta King said...

play bazaar
play bazaar

satta king Get hard stuff out of the way first. The tasks that require more time should be started earlier in the day. This will alleviate a lot of the pressure as you proceed to task which are more mundane. Once you get the stressful stuff done, you can move quickly through the rest of your list.

prince said...

play bazaar
satta king
play bazaar As long as you implement the ideas you've read, you should find that your investments return a profit, which is up to par with your benchmarks over time. Good luck with your new-found success!