Friday, June 21, 2019

GENERATION Y - WHY?

I’m working on a project with a millennial...
EH!
Why Eh, you ask?
Because I don’t like how millennials communicate...
Specifically professional communication.  
I first met him at a Starbucks. We had a great conversation...
But now it's communicating via texts..
Loooooooooooooooooooong texts! 
Why not face-to-face anymore?
So I decided to call him. No answer...
So then I left him a voice text message... 
Hours went by before I got a response. 
So I switched to emails where I really could express my thoughts...
But they took up to a day for a response. 
So maybe you're wondering if I've ever suggested video conferencing... 
Yes, once. But it was clumsy going over small details of the project.
OK, fine... 
I can deal with all of these...
But I draw the line... 
With long winded text conversations. 
I just won't do it anymore! 
After a week of scrolling his long text messages...
I sent a short text to this millennial...
Insisting on meeting him in person again... 
Gheeze!!! 
His negative vibes almost overheated my iPhone... 
You'd've thought I had asked him to drive cross country...
When it's only cross city... 
Only five miles...
And there are three Starbucks along the way...
We could've met at any one of them. 
Is it me? 
My age? 
My stiff thumbs? 
But communication for business via texting... 
Is thumbs down for me. 
(unless it's a quick- runnining late, or don't forget the file etc., etc.)
What about you? 
Thoughts? 


Always,
Em-Musing

5 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Dump him. If he's a problem to work with now and refuses to do more than text, imagine what a nightmare he'll be once you are into the project.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

There is just no communicating with some people. I agree - dump him.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I can understand the frustration! Texting is for brief communications. I can't imagine trying to conduct any real business via text.

Satta King said...

play bazaar
satta king Keep deadlines that you set in mind at all times. If you learn to complete tasks on time, you'll find that your whole schedule benefits.

prince said...

satta king
play bazaar
satta king Choose an industry you are familiar with. Knowledge is power in all aspects of life, and investing is no exception.