Wednesday, June 5, 2019

HUMOR ME

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month.It would be sweet of you to visit at least a dozen or so new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.
The awesome co-hosts for the June 5 posting of the IWSG are 

June 5 question:  Of all the genres you read and write, 
which is your favorite to write in and why?

What genre that I read do I like to write?
Humorous Women’s Fiction hands down.
DUH!
RIGHT?
It’s why I love writing these blog posts...
Seeing the lighter side of life...
The whimsical, the silly...
And oh, the quippy ditties just keep on coming.
And for me...
One of the biggest influences in my writing... 
Was Nora Ephron.  
Besides writing novels such as: 
I Feel Bad For My Neck, Heartburn, and Wallflower at the Orgy
Nora wrote screenplays.
Here's a sampling of her work.














And what about you? 
What genre is your favorite to write?
And do you like romantic comedies?

Always, 
Em-Musing

P.S.Nora Ephron died in 2012.

16 comments:

Nicki Elson said...

Oh my gosh - When Harry Met Sally is my ALL TIME favorite movie! Cheers to the whimsical and silly.

In answer to your question at my place - the prairie is not mine...well, maybe in a small way it IS mine as a portion of my taxes pay for its upkeep. It's owned by the park district and is across the street from my neighborhood, so most of my walks find me there.

Rachna Chhabria said...

When Harry met Sally is my favourite :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She wrote one of my favorite movies.

Sandi said...

I did not know we lost Nora Ephron!

I do like these movies. I don't like realistic, gritty drama. Give me Tom Hanks emailing Meg Ryan any day!

David Powers King said...

Those are amazing films, written by the same person? No wonder I like them so much. :)

Carol Kilgore said...

I love rom-coms :)

Sarah Foster said...

I do enjoy a good rom com every now and then :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love When Harry Met Sally. That is my husband and me. Although there weren't so many years of friendship before it became more.

Michelle Nebel said...

Ahhh, women's fiction is my jam too! You know, I just read a great rom-com that plays off all those great movies (the premise is that after four years of dating, the heroine expects the hero is about to propose. When a miscommunication happens --because ROMCOM-- she breaks up with him, and he then sets out to win her back by trying a bunch of escapades from all her favorite movies, like You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. You should look it up, I bet you'd enjoy it! "Wooing Cadie McCaffrey," by Bethany Turner)

Sadira Stone said...

Romance is my first choice these days, but women's fiction (especially humorous) and mystery come in a close second.

Olga Godim said...

She was a great writer. I love her movies, but I never read her novels. I I must rectify this gap in my reading. Going to login to my library and order one of her novels now.
Sadly, good RomCom is not easy to find. Did you read Jennifer Crusie? She is my favorite RomCom writer.

Karen Baldwin said...

Endings are tricky. I've read some books whose ending was so annoying I threw the book down. And some so predictable I threw the down. And as authors writing endings, we should be true to our characters snd their journey.

Diane Burton said...

Nora Ephron is my hero. Have fun writing humor. :)

Nick Wilford said...

Does this mean Nora Ephron is singlehandedly responsible for the careers of Meg Ryan and Meryl Streep? Now we know who to blame. Only joking... fine actresses both ;) And you do humorous women's fiction very well, Em. The whimsy definitely comes across!

Satta King said...

play bazaar
satta king Focus on specific tasks if time management. Many people do not good at multi-tasking. Doing multiple things at once will confuse and exhaust you reducing the quality of work you do. Take a minute to relax and breathe as you work on when the first one is done.

prince said...

satta king
play bazaar If you are someone who is always up-to-date on the latest gadgets, the tech industry would be a smart place to invest.