Monday, July 31, 2023

JUNGLE CHAT

Is that a Samurai sword? I asked my neighbor. 

Yes, she replies.









It’s beautiful, I said. I only have a machete.








We should practice together.

Yes. That’d be fun!

On coconuts.

Absolutely!

We could put a coconut on a stump...

Imagining it’s the head of a robber... 

(there was a recent robbery in another neighborhood)

Or an ex…

And...

Hi- YA!!!! 

Ha, ha, ha!!!

Um, yeah...

Conversations are different here in my Mexican jungle.

Heck, life is different here...

It's a place where Mayas share tales of jungle spirits, and jaguars roam the night. 

And sometimes 2 women get silly.


Always,

Em-musing

  

P.S  machetes are a household tool here.


2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can just picture you two hacking away at coconuts!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a machete! It was my father's. Sits on my nightstand now. Not that I'm expecting coconuts or anything to attack me in my sleep.