Wednesday, September 6, 2023

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP
                             12 years and still going strong
                                                   
                                  ALSO...


It’s the Monthly Blog Hop for the 
Insecure Writers Support Group founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh.

The first Wednesday of every month, we announce an optional question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience, or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. Remember, the question is optional!!!

 The awesome co-hosts for the September 6 posting of the IWSG are Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah - The Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James!

 

September 6 question: The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you? 


Hmm? Not sure how I discovered IWSG....

But I remember I was looking for a forum... 

To put all the little writings that I was doing... 

But had no place to put them.

Also...

I wanted to find a place to connect with other writers.

Not sure exactly how I stumbled upon IWSG... 

But what I do remember...

Is when I joined...

The first post I put up...

I got only one comment...

It was from Alex...

I was thrilled and felt validated... 

That he took the time to comment...

And I’m thrilled that he still does. 

The ISWG felt like home way when...
And even today.

Thank you, Alex


Always,

Em-Musing

10 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's wonderful you still connect with all of us.

Sarah Foster said...

The IWSG is a great place to connect with other writers.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And thank you for being a part of this group!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm glad you found the IWSG. I found it through a blogger friend. I can't remember who or when, just that it was before 2014.

Nick Wilford said...

Alex always made everyone welcome! Glad you're a part of it.

Michelle Wallace said...

Alex is a champion!
The IWSG has such a wonderful sense of community, which is hard to find in online groups.
Happy IWSG Anniversary Day!

Fundy Blue said...

Hi Em-Musing! I remember the thrill I felt when I received my first comment from Alex! and, like you, I'm still thrilled that he does. I love the IWSG, and it does feel like home! Wishing you all the best in the future!

J Lenni Dorner said...

I agree that getting a monthly Alex comment is awesome.

The IWSG is celebrating 12 years today, which is so amazing for a blogging community of writers. A dozen years of support! 🎉
"The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library." – Albert Einstein quote
September is library card sign-up month! Get one, use one, and be grateful such places exist.

J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

Liza said...

This is a perfect post, because yes, Alex is always there and always supportive. Who knew IWSG would be going steady all these years later, but it's because we have such a strong (Ninja) captain at our helm.

Heidi Angell said...

Alex is so good about always commenting. He is so kind and giving!