Wednesday, April 3, 2024

 


Hey! It’s the Monthly Blog Hop for the Insecure Writers Support Group founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh

The first Wednesday of every month, we announce an optional question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience, or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. Remember, the question is optional!!!

The awesome co-hosts for the April 3 posting of the IWSG are Janet Alcorn, T. Powell Coltrin, Natalie Aguirre, and Pat Garcia!

April 3 question - How long have you been blogging? (Or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?) What do you like about it and how has it changed

Waaay back in 2009

I started my blog, Em-Musing


I chose that name for two reasons... 

1)  the ‘Em’ part is ‘me’ backward...

(which is how I often feel)

2) because it’s so close to sounding like ‘I’m Musing’.

I began writing my posts because I had many writings 

But had no place to put them.

I didn’t belong to any online writing groups at the time...

So I didn’t expect to get any followers...

(Not true…I really, really wanted some)

It just wanted to put my writings out ‘there’ ...

And not stay stuck in my laptop.

A few years later...

I stumbled upon the Insecure Writer’s Support Group...

Founded by the one and only Alex J. Cavanaugh.

I joined...

And wow! My blog got some followers. YAY!

My blog post through the years have dwindled.. 

Because I’ve been putting my energies towards writing novels

But I still love being on IWSG especially for the monthly blog...

And have appreciated the support and comments throughout the years. 

And what about your blog journey?

 

Always,

Em-Musing






6 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I rarely post except once a month for the IWSG and I'm also glad it keeps me connected.

Pat Garcia said...

Hi,
I think most of us feel the way you feel. Our blogging rhythm has changed, but we still blog once a month on the IWSG, and that's really cool.
Have a lovely day.
Shalom shalom

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

lad the IWSG got you some followers! And we've been blogging for the same amount of time.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I had followers because I started blogging in 2011. But then they've dwindled as fewer people blog and read blogs. I stumbled on the IWSG a few years after I started blogging. I'm so glad I did. I really appreciate being a part of this writing community.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi, I like the Em part a lot :)

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Karen! I still post about five times a month. I truly enjoy blogging, mostly because of the people I connect with, many of whom have become friends. Like you, I really appreciate the IWSG. Happy writing!