Wednesday, July 3, 2024

WORD UP

 

Hey! It’s the Monthly Blog Hop for the Insecure Writers Support Group founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh

The first Wednesday of every month, we announce an optional question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience, or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
 

 

The awesome co-hosts for the  July 3 posting of the IWSG are JS Pailly, Rebecca Douglass, Pat Garcia, Louise-Fundy Blue, and Natalie Aguirre!
 

July 3 question - What are your favorite writing processing (e.g. Word, Scrivener, yWriter, Dabble), writing apps, software, and tools? Why do you recommend them? And which one is your all-time favorite that you cannot live without and use daily or at least whenever you write?

Remember, the question is optional


Word has always been my “go to” software...

I’ve stuck with it through all its versions:

Good, bad, bugs and all....

And let me tell you...

One version had lots of bugs.

Last year...

When I went to the Writer’s Digest conference in NYC...

I took a mini class in Word and—WOW!

There were so many features I didn't even know existed.

Obviously, teaching myself isn’t the best way for me to learn...

Because I’m impatient, get frustrated easily, and give up often.

One time I tried Scrivener and thought it had great options...

But I kept going back to Word because it was familiar...

But more, Word is the standard when submitting...

And I don’t want to write in one software program...

And then have to copy and paste into another format...

I have enough going on in my head when I write...

I don’t want to clutter it figuring out how to do that. 

(Yes...I'm a wuss)

Lastly...

 HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all!

And may all your BBQ dream cuisines  come true!



Always, 
Em Musing 

8 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, I know word and Scrivener is a whole other herd of cats. Happy 4th!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm sure I don't know about all the features Word has either. Happy July 4th!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Word probably has a bunch of features I don't know about. There are always tutorials on YouTube to watch.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Word is simple and easy to use!

Fundy Blue said...

I'm with you, Leigh! I know Word, and I'm going to continue using it. Happy 4th! And happy creating!

J.S. Pailly said...

One of the advantages of Word is that it's a fairly simple program to use, but I guess it does have a lot of extra features you can play with, if you really need them.

Green Monkey said...

I have not explored much in Word, just the basics. Happy 4th and beyond!

Dylan Brandon said...

I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal, and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on.... pedroloanss@gmail.com
WhatsApp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.