Hi, I’m Em…
I’m a wannabe published writer…
And I need to revisit my 12 Steps to a great manuscript…
So I don’t fall off the wagon of good writing.
1. Admit I am powerless over my ego and that my manuscripts sometime become unmanageable and suck.
2. Come to know that my great and powerful mind alone cannot restore my manuscript.
3. Make a decision to turn my manuscript over to the care of others e.g. beta readers and critique partners.
4. Make a searching and fearless truthful inventory of my writing flaws.
5. Admit to my fellow writers and myself just exactly all the wrongs of my writing.
6. Be willing to hire an editor or someone other than myself to fix my manuscripts.
7. Humbly asked them to point out all its shortcomings.
8. Make a list of all characters and plots that had been harmed, and be willing to revise.
9. Make direct amends to such chapters except when it would injure the story.
10. Continue to take note and admit to careless sloppy writing.
11. Seek through prayer, meditation and sometimes tequila ways to improve my skills.
12. Have a spiritual awakening and a shot as the result of these Steps,and try to carry this message to other unpublished writers so that they can use these principles in all of their writing.