Monday, August 9, 2010

TWO TRASHY TALES

You  never know when you’re going to run into…
Another writer…
Or in this case…
The daughter of a writer.
Harriet is eighty-two…
She’s the daughter of the writer.
I met her at the garbage bin…
The other day…
At my apartment complex.
She lives about six doors down…
I hardly see Harriet…
But her English garden is evidence…
That she gets outside often.
When we met, while dumping out our trash…
The conversation was the usual, flowers, weather, and…
Somehow I mentioned that I’m a writer.
That’s when she told me about her mother…
The writer.
Guess her mother published a few novels
But Harriet said that before she was published
She had gotten so many rejections letters…
And that they upset her so much
That she took all those rejections letters…
And  decoupaged a waste paper basket with them.
OMG!
How creative!
And how emotionally pleasing.
Guess some things in this publishing business never change.
I, myself don’t keep my rejection letters…
Well, I have kept the few that have positive comments…
But the majority of them I pitch…
In the waste paper basket.
I just don’t want the negative energy around.
Have you ever done something creative…
Or funny…
With your rejections letters?
Or what do you do with rejection?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

kah said...

The waste basket idea is hilarious. I think I'm with you though, I get rid of mine because I don't want the bad mojo. They are in my memory and that's bad enough.