Wednesday, August 10, 2016

GOT MY MO JOE RISING

4:30 a.m.
OMG!
My first cuppa in 5 months!
And, oh, my brain is all a’flutter
Neurons are revving up to fire
New brain wrinkles are waiting to fold
My taste buds are salivating 
                        with anticipation!   
                       
And my mood? Elevating already.
But I wondered
Is all this in my imagination?
Or real?
So I Googled
And ah hah!
It seems coffee
a.k.a Joe, mocha, Java, cafe noir, jamocha
Actually improves various aspects of brain function
Including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels,
Reaction times and general cognitive function.
Just thinking about coffee.
I’m feeling smarter and happier already
And my creative juices are flowing!
So into the kitchen I went
To fire up my coffee pot
When suddenly
Patti LaBelle’s song, LadyMarmalade   
Perked up in my head
With a few altered lyrics of course:
Hello, hey Joe
Wanna give it a go?
Itchi Gitchy Ya Ya Da Da
Itchi Gitchy Ya Ya I do, I do
Mocha, Java, Café noir
This ole lady's gonna brew you. 
And what about you?
Any food or beverage get you this fired up?

Always,

Em-Musing

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You've taken food ecstasy to a whole new level...

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I bet it tasted so good.

Lisa Thomson said...

I LOVE coffee and NEED it. Everyday. Reading your post, I must brew me up a cup.

Adam said...

I never had a beverage that really gets me up. I wish it was that simple for me.