Thursday, August 30, 2018

ASSUME THE IMPOSITION

Ya know what irks me?
When people ask if they can taste something that I’m eating.
Like:
A spoonful of my dessert...
A taste of my pasta...
A piece of my meat. 
A slurp of my ice cream cone.
I don’t know about you...
But when I order something...
I don't feel the need to share...
I want it all.
But then...
When my food is on my plate or in my hand...
Before I can even savor the experience...
Whoever I'm with...
Stares at my food...
Like a vampire salivating over a bulging jugular...
And then comes the inevitable plea...
“Can I have a taste of that?”
No! 
I want to say...
But civility makes me say, “Sure.”
“Do you want to taste mine?” they ask.
No thanks! 
I want to say.
Especially since you've been digging in it with your spitty fork! 
Or slurping your tongue all over the ice-cream cone! 
But civility makes me once again say, “Sure.”
So?
How civil are you...
When people ask you for a bite of your food?
(And often it's a very big bite or slurp!)

Always,
Em-Musing

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The only person who gets a taste of my food is my wife.
Now if I'm in a group and order an appetizer, I will offer some to others. But not my main meal. Go order your own.

Satta King said...

satta king

satta king

satta king

satta king Take a close look at what your schedule. Are there things that you from your daily schedule? Are there things that you can get others to do in order to free some time on your schedule? One great time management methods to learn is how to delegate to others. This will allow you to focus your time on something else.

prince said...

satta king
play bazaar
play bazaar This is why you should have some safety with your stock purchases, so that you will be somewhat protected, in case your projections are not what you had hoped.