Wednesday, September 5, 2018

HANDS SOLO

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of insecure writers please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month. It would be swee of you to visit new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.

OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question: What publishing path are you considering/did you take, and why?

Deciding to self-publish my manuscript...
Was the most difficult decision I’ve made recently.
For years, I clung to the concept...
That self-pub’d books were not worthy...
Because an agent and/or publisher hadn’t picked them up.
But...
After years of rejection and mind exhaustion...
I reevaluated the self-publishing notion.
With successes like: Amanda Hocking, E.L. James, Robert Kiosaki, and others...
And also friends who successfuly went this route... 
made the decision to do this...
To become "hands-on"...
Not just as a  writer/author...
But doing every job in between.
(of course, whining all the way)
And tah dah!!!
My book will launch in early October!
There! 
I finally said it!
So? 
What path did you take or will you take?
What is/was your experience? 

Always,
Em-Musing

11 comments:

Pat Garcia said...

A big, huge congratulations!!!! Please let me know when you get ready to release it. I'm quite sure you're going to be pleased with it.
All the best.
Shalom aleichem,
Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

Jennifer Hawes said...

Good luck, girl!! I hate rejection as well. But I think it pushes us to succeed in our writing dreams and goals.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! What can we do to help you spread the word?

Sadira Stone said...

Congrats on your publishing coup! My first romance is coming out soon with a small publisher, but I may be indie-pubbing my cozy mysteries. I'm giving the query process 6 months. No need to bash my head against the wall for years, eh? I wish you happy writing in September.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats and good luck. Start promoting now!

Toi Thomas said...

Happy Be-lated IWSG Day!
Making the decision to self-publish isn't an easy one, but it is something to be proud of. Plus, taking this path now doesn't stop you from pursuing another path down the road.
I wish you all the best.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Either way epub or traditional pub, your book will be out there. That is an accomplishment.

Teresa

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga speed
russell westbrook shoes
supreme
huaraches
yeezy boost
golden goose outlet
nike air max 95
coach outlet online
yeezy shoes
longchamp bags

Satta King said...

Unless it is an emergency, it's not good to answer the phone, a text message, or instant message when you're doing something else. It can be hard to refocus once you allow yourself to be interrupted. Return all correspondence once the task you are currently working on.satta king

satta king

satta king

satta king

prince said...

Make sure you possess a good margin of safety. There is no way to escape the future's unpredictability. satta king
play bazaar
play bazaar

Anonymous said...

g6h30y9j76 i4r28w9x03 y0s67q7b96 q9x45x5n07 q9z71g0f65 y2j63w5q15