Monday, January 7, 2019

SPINAL ADJUSTMENT

When book covers are designed...
I wish someone would keep in mind necks...
Specifically my neck.
Does any book cover designer...
Ever actually look at books when they’re on a shelf?
Recently...
When I was at my doctor’s office...
Waiting my turn in the waiting room...
I spotted a bookcase full of books...
Curious, I walked over to see what she, my doctor, reads...
After a few minutes though...
I felt like needed a chiropractic adjustment!
My already stiff neck was sore... 
Having to bend my head just to read the titles.             
                 
First to the left...



Then to the right...


                
Back & forth & back and forth my head wagged...
As I perused five shelves of books...
Because some titles faced left, some right.
And then, if wagging my head wasn’t annoying enough...
I had to do a deep knee bend while wagging...
In order to see the books on the lower shelves.
When I finally stood up, I felt woozy...
But through the wooziness...
One book stood out. 
 Here are the books...
Can you find the easy-to-read title?

It's the Lucifer Effect 
It's so easy to read because the title is straight up... 
And I can also easily read the author's name...
No bodily movements are necessary. Only eyes.
Hmm?
Maybe hard-to-read book spines...
Are unconsciously the reason...
When I go to Barnes & Nobel...
I am drawn to books that are on a display table...
Not just because they’re in plain sight...
But because I don’t have to do any exercises...
Except pick the book up with my hands.
So?
When your book cover was designed...
Did you ever imagine...
How it would appear on the shelf?
And do you ever get bothered looking a books in bookstores? 

Always,

Em-Musing

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Ha ha... so true. You would think they would make them easy to read!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Most titles wouldn't fit any way but sideways, but they should all be the same from that point.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The one with the puzzle pieces is a rarity. They should all be like The God Effect though. Annoying when you have to go back and forth like that.

Satta King said...

Prioritize all the activities you do each day.Tasks that aren't as important should be lower on the list as they can take up too much time. Prioritizing tasks can help you manage your time and spend it doing the things that most need to get done. Create a list and begin with the most important tasks.play bazaar
satta king

prince said...

When investing in the stock market, it is wise to reinvest your dividends. Two things can happen when you get a dividend--you can either reinvest it or take the cash. satta king
play bazaar