Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DANGER UP A HEAD

I swear I didn’t do it.
Really!
In fact I can’t stand it when I see others do it.
Most often it’s kids that do it.
And then men.
Rarely women.
And when adults do it, it’s usually while they’re in their car.
At least that’s when I see them doing it.
It’s disgusting!
And I have to say that I’ve never done it either.
I know, I know . . .
I looked like I did yesterday.
But I didn’t.
And it’s not my fault that it looked like I did either.
It’s that damn cold’s fault.
The one I had a few weeks ago . . .
That has lingering effects . . .
Like still having to blow my nose many times a day.
And what has happened because of all this incessant blowing . . .
Is that a tiny sore developed on the inside of my nose . . .
Half-way up.
If I don’t keep Vaseline on it, or some other cream . . .
A scab forms . . .
Hardens . . .
With nose hairs in it and . . .
OW!
So you see?
I wasn’t “picking” my nose . . .
I was freeing some poor unwilling nose hairs that got caught.
And if I didn’t free them . . .
Tears were going to come to my eyes . . .
With every song I sang . . .
Causing me to sneeze.
See where I’m headed?
I was driving . . .
Singing, "Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah," from Lady Gaga’s song, “Bad Romance.”  
And the bloody scab kept tugging the stuck nose hairs . . .
And if I didn’t get that scab out . . .
I was going to go crazy!
Or at least sneeze while driving . . .
And potentially cause an accident!
Unfortunately . . .
As I reached for a tissue . . .
A car full of teenagers pulled next to me at the light.
Maybe because both cars were jamming to Lady Gaga . . .
And we were swaying in our cars to the same Rah-rah beat . . .
I turned to look at them . . .
At the same time they turned to look at me . . .
Which was the same time my tissue-wrapped finger . . .
Was digging half-way up my nose.
“EEUWW!”
Now, I can’t read lips . . .
But it’s wasn’t hard to decipher what their mouths were yelling.
But I swear!
I wasn’t “picking” my nose.
Just eliminating a potential driving hazard.
That’s all!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: