Tuesday, December 15, 2009

GOTCHA!

I'M A SUCKER!
There, I admit it.
I bought something yesterday that I’ve wanted for awhile.
I’d been seeing it on TV for at least a few months.
But I never felt like getting up off the couch, getting my wallet, and calling in the order.
And so I let those moments to buy it pass.
But each time I saw it advertised on TV, I kept wanting it.
And then I quit seeing the commercial.
After a few weeks, I sort of forgot about it.
And then just yesterday . . .
I SAW IT!
In Beds Bath And Beyond.
It was right there by the cash register and . . .
My wallet was already out and . . .
My fingers were in the process of pulling my credit card out and . . .
There were only a few of these left on the shelf and so . . .
I just had to . . .
BUY IT!
Damn it!
I’m such a sucker for “impulse” buying.
And by impulse buying I know you know what I mean.
It’s all those products strategically placed by cash registers that in your wildest dreams you never go into a store to buy.
But when these products are right there in front of your face . . .
You decide right then that you need it.
And then you buy it.
So yes, I admit it.
I was a sucker for this impulse purchase.
But it gets worse . . .
I didn't just buy this product because it was sitting by the cash register.
I bought it because it promised to make me . . .
Look younger.
OUCH!
That hurt my pride to admit that.
But it’s the truth.
If a product, cream, or gadget promises to make me look younger . . .
And is within my budget . . .
I will buy it.
So . . . drum roll please
TA DAH!
Here’s my new gadget.
The Neckline Slimmer.
Hopefully, I’ll use it everyday.
And within in a few weeks my neck and jawline will look fabulous and . . .
I'll look younger!
Rather than in a few weeks . . .
It will wind up collecting dust on the shelf next to my . . .
Suzanne Somer’s Facemaster and . . .
The Gavanic spa and . . .
The Strivectin neck cream and . . .
All the other products I’ve bought to make me look younger . . .
On impulse!
Oh, well.
It only cost ten bucks.
I’ll just think of it as my Christmas present to me.

Always, Em-Musing
 P.S. I’ll keep you posted. 

2 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

For ten bucks you can splurge on anything! Glad you bought it.

Sloan Parker said...

Love the pic!! I've seen the commercial for that. You'll have to let us know if it works. Or if it's collecting dust. Then I'll know whether to waste the 10 bucks. :-)