Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SUCH A WASTE

OMG!
I think I’m on to something.
I might be a genius!
After blowing my nose for the last six days . . .
And wondering just how much snot a nose can make . . .
(which my cousin has since informed me is a quart a day)
(and probably more during a cold)
I thought about all the tissues I’ve used.
My wastepaper basket over floweth!
And that’s when it occurred to me . . .
What if snot could be recycled?
What if there was a way to make fuel from it?
I mean, if you can get fuel from donut grease . . .
Or soybeans . . .
Or corn. . .
Or if not fuel, “something.”
I don’t know what that something would be, but there’s got to be a way to recycle snot don’t you think?
Then everyone could look forward to the cold and flu season so they could get real snotty.
Little hoses could be hooked up to their nose so the snot could be harvested.
Companies could pay for your snot.
Then you could be sick and rich!
Well, maybe not rich, but you’d make some extra money.
And just think of the landfills that wouldn’t be deluged with snotty tissues.
Or what if there’s a medical miracle in snot?
A cure for a disease perhaps?
Or . . .
Wait a minute . . .
I have to blow my nose.
OK, I’m back.
Hmm?
Now that my head is clear . . .
I guess this whole recycling idea is . . .
A rather silly idea.
Oh, well.
Just trying to come up with ways to make the planet a more greener place.

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: