Thursday, May 27, 2010

AWW-THENTIC

Aww...
Hometown girl…
Crystal Bowersox…
Didn’t win American Idol 2010 last night.
Her future though is bright none-the-less.
And you got to give the girl her due…
And her do (hair)…
She kept it all real…
Kept her own style…
And she kept her composure.
She took rejection up on stage in front of 7,000 + fans…
And 20 million TV viewers…
And didn’t cry.
In fact, she looked radiant.
At 24 she’s got more self-control than I do at my age.
Yes, I admit…
I’ve shed a few tears when I got a rejection letter.
And last night…
At another live performance…
I shed a few more.
My 5-year-old grandson was on stage for the kindergarten recital.
He and all the other kids sang little hearts out…
Performing patriotic songs…
And grandma got teary.
Well, what can I say?
Later, I went to bed thinking about performing…
Or whatever you do…
That you got to do it with all your heart …
Keep it real…
And be true to yourself…
With your own style.
I guess when it comes to my writing…
I feel I am keeping it real, with my style and voice.
And it may take awhile to find that agent …
Who absolutely loves and sees potential…
In my stories …
But I know eventually I will.


Always, 
Em-Musing

No comments: