Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RE: GUT ACTION

I wasn’t going to blog today…
Or at least this morning.
Because I told myself that I MUST …
Continue editing those first 30 pages…
Before submitting them to an agent with my query.
But I wanted to share a blog I came upon…
I stumbled upon it from someone else’s blog…
Just can’t remember whose.
In particular, The Intern’s 3/12/10 post caught my eye…
“The Ten Best Things You Can Do For Your Manuscript”
It was the Intern’s thoughts on why some manuscripts make it…
And why most don’t.
And it’s why I’m still editing this morning before submitting.
And to think…
I almost jumped the gun…
And submitted too soon.
Why?
Because sometimes I get caught up in other writer’s time.
Especially when they share that they write so many words a day…
Or write for so many hours…
I start to feel like a slacker…
And that this manuscript should be out the door…
And on an agent’s desk…
No matter what!
Even though something in my gut says…
Hmm? Not quite there yet.
But thankfully for my manuscript…
I saw The Intern’s blog…
And will not settle for “anyway.”
(you gotta check out her 3/12/10 post)
And I’ll submit when each sentence, paragraph, and page…
Resonates in my gut.

Always, 
Em-Musing

No comments: