Friday, May 21, 2010

SUNNY SIDE UGH!

I’ve been complaining all spring…
About the sun not coming out…
Well the other day it did…
Gloriously!
I was in the kitchen…
Making some homemade organic bar concoction…
So when I’m hungry and want to keep writing…
I don’t’ have to resort to a pre-packed protein bar…
That really doesn’t have much substance.
(mine has fruit, veggie, nuts, flax meal and a secret ingredient)
Anyway…
The sweet potato peel dropped to the floor…
And slipped way under the stove… (how’d it do that?)
So I had to get on my hands and knees to find it–
OMG!
Something else was down there!
EEUUWW!
Was it alive?
Wasn’t sure.
It had hair—like a cat.
Too little for a cat though.
Was this my cat’s cloning attempt gone awry?
No. That’s silly.
Perhaps a kitten?
But I don't have a kitten.
And what ever that thing was…
Wasn't moving…
It was also fluffy and see-through.
A kitten ghost?
No, that’s even sillier!
And then…
The sun’s rays…
Shone on whatever the hairy thing was and–
EEEUUWW!
A DUST BUNNY!
A big, old, hairy, greasy conglomeration…
Of cat hair, cooking grease, crumbs, dried macaroni…
And what ever else had slimed its way down there.
How could I have missed this evolving, disgusting creature
When I cleaned there all winter long?
But I guess that’s what happens…
When the sun don’t shine…
You find all kinds of things…
Where the sun don't shine.


Always, Em-Musing

No comments: