Monday, May 24, 2010

LITTLE MISS MUFFIN

Yay!
Actually got up this morning at 4:30.
My favorite time.
No distractions.
After making my coffee…
I brought my mug…
And one of my homemade fruit/veggie/fiber muffin/bars…
Into my office and made my list of “to do’s” for the day.
I was in heaven!
I figured I had a few hours…
Before the phone calls started…
And my mind wandered.
My goal was to send out five queries today.
But first I’d blog.
Had one already in mind but then–
SPIDER ALERT!
Overhead…
Circling…
Too high to hit…
It then moved down the wall.
Round and round it scurried…
Getting ever increasingly closer to me…
(Why? What does it want?!)
And then…
IT’S COMING STRAIGHT AT ME!
Time to get my weapons.
A flip flop and my Swifter floor cleaner.
And now…
It’s within smashing range…
I grab the flip flop…
Take aim…
TWHAP!
MISSED!
DAMN IT!
It fell behind a book case…
That is right next to me…
That’ll fall apart if I move it.
So I take the Swifter and push it under the bookcase
Hoping to snare it.
But no spider.
I wait for it to crawl out.
No spider.
I stand waiting, watching for 5 minutes.
No spider.
At some point I know I have to sit down again.
But I keep glancing around the room…
Every spec on the floor is suspicious.
And I’m suddenly itchy everywhere.
Where is the spider?
If I don’t see him again…
I don’t know If I can get anything done today.
At least in my office.
Maybe it’s time to pack up my laptop…
Grab my Starbucks gift card…
And work where I know there will be distractions…
But no spiders.

Always, Em-Musing


No comments: