Tuesday, May 11, 2010

YUM YUM

At what point…
Do you push on…
When starting a new book…
To get to the meat of the story?
I was eating Chinese this morning…
(leftover Chinese is one of my favorite breakfasts)
And noticed some black “thing” in my rice.
Was it a spider leg?
A moustache hair?
Or some kind of Chinese herb I was unfamiliar with?
Hungry though…
And anticipating the taste sensation in my mouth…
I quit analyzing…
Pushed that black “thing” to the side of my plate…
And ate
YUM!
And then I realized…
It’s the same with books for me.
If it starts slow or is even a bit boring…
But a friend has recommended it…
Or the jacket cover blurb promises a great story…
I’ll push my critical thinking to the side…
Keep reading
Because eventually…
I know I’ll get to the…
YUM!

Always, Em-Musing
P.S.  FYI, Yum Yum's is the best Chinese restaurant here in Toledo.

1 comment:

Sloan Parker said...

I love the way you take interesting everyday events and relate them to a bigger concept. As always, very clever!