Tuesday, May 25, 2010

AUTHOR ON DEMAND

I love that I can order TV shows on demand
Like Castle.
On cable.
Didn’t watch the season finale of Castle the night it aired…
But I did yesterday.
OMG!
The best episode ever!
I mean…
The tension between Castle and Beckett was great!
The ending was bittersweet.
And the scene when Castle has angst over character 
development is priceless…
To any author who has similarly struggled.
(I’m guessing all authors)
But I almost fell off my sofa at the poker game scene.
OMG!
There, sitting across from Rick Castle were…
Stephen J. Cannell, Michael Connelly, and James Patterson.
OK fellow Writers?
Does a TV show get any better than this?
Well, depending on the genre…
I guess it could.
Hmm?
If Rick Castle’s genre was say, horror instead of mystery…
Who would be at the poker table?
King, Straub, and Koontz?
And what about romance?
Roberts, Macomber, Collins?
And then there’s women’s fiction…
And all the other genres.
Hmm?
Let’s say you were having a genre party…
What genre would it be?
And what authors would you like to see at your table?

Always, 
Em-Musing

P.S. While doing research for this blog, I came upon Wikipedia’s listing 
of best selling fiction authors.  
There, listed as writing 4,000 romance novels (pause to gasp), was 
Spanish author, Corín Tellado (1927 – 2009). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corín_Tellado
I’m in awe that she was so prolific.
I’m exhausted just imagining writing that many novels,
And…
I’m going to quit whining about anything to do with my writing.

No comments: