Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OVERHEAD BEEN

Since my last trip…
I decided…
I wouldn’t stress anymore about people with carry-on luggage.
(I’ve been told by several people that I’m a bit irrational)
So on this past weekend trip…
I decided I would make my mind go to a happy place…
Or a creative place…
Or someplace…
While waiting for everyone( but me)… 
To find a place in the overhead compartment for their carry-on.
And I was doing rather well…
I was already in my seat…
I took out my new Janet Evanovich book, ready to read when–
OMG!
AAHHH!
DUCK! DUCK!
I, and at least four other passengers…
Almost got conked in the head…
By an out-of-control carry-on luggage…
Wielded by a frail old lady…
Who didn’t have enough arm strength…
To heft her carry-on luggage over her head…
And get it in the overhead compartment!
Thankfully I, and the other four passengers…
Were quick enough to move and save our heads from an impending impact.
And thankfully one man caught the woman’s luggage…
And got it in the overhead compartment for her.
Well, that got me to wondering if the airlines…
Ever thought about regulating not only luggage…
But passengers?
Probably not.
But if they did, all passengers with carry-on luggage…
Would have to prove that they can actually lift it over their head for at least 30 seconds.
And if not…
For heaven’s sake!
(And for the sake of other passengers)
Check the bag...
Please!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: