Wednesday, December 11, 2019

BLING BLING


My last post was how I imagined my future writer self...
I made it look easy, no? 
I just imagined it and...
       **BLING ** 
It happened...
Living and writing in the Mexican Caribbean, that is.
And I told the story like I was living a fairytale...
But in my real world...
There were many crooked and gut-wrenching turns:
Failed marriages...
Breast cancer...
Deaths of dear loved ones...  
Including my beloved just a year after joining him in Mexico...
Plus many other heartaches & frustrations.
And I know you’ve had your share of sorrows...
Everyone has them; no one is immune.
But despite all those sadnesses...
I dared to dream...
It’s what I’ve done all my life...
I remember when I was younger my mom often saying...
“Your teachers say if you didn’t daydream so much
You’d get better grades.”
       **SIGH**
I know mom...
And if I could say to her now...
I’d tell her that those daydreams are what kept me going...
They’re the reason I write today...
I always see stories...
Usually humorous ones.
So?
What about you?
What keeps you going?

Always,
Em-Musing

3 comments:

Satta King said...

Reward yourself when you stay on your list. Take a break or make a friend to chat. This is a great way to encourage you to finish tasks if satta king

satta king

satta king

satta king you know that you when your task is complete.

prince said...

Once you have more experience, it's ok to branch out more. Small companies have larger growth potential, but also have a large risk for loss. satta king

Observator said...

This is aa great post thanks