Wednesday, December 4, 2019

FRAME OF MIND


-->
This post is part o the monthly Insecure Writers Support Group monthly blog hop founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh. It happens the first Wednesday of each month. 

December 4th question: Let's play a game. Imagine! Role-play! How would you describe your future writer self, your life, and what it looks and feels like if you were living the dream? Or if you are already there, what does it look and feel like? Tell the rest of us. What would you change or improve? 

Rewind twenty years ago... 









I imagined living by the Caribbean...


It's 4:30 in the morning...



I am writing  and drinking a cup of my favorite brew.

(Havana blend)



It'd continue the day with more writing and going to the beach... 
Eating fantastic meals with friends...
And then my day would end up with wonderful...
Well, That's too private to share. **wink wink** 
Anyhoo... 
It's twenty years later...
And I'm in Mexico...
On the Caribbean coast...

And writing at 4:30 a.m. most days. 
All the other elements of my fantasy do happen...
Just not every day...
But it's OK... 
I'm here! 
Though I didn't plan how I'd get here...
It just sort of happened...
Well...
I guess falling in love with a Mexican man helped me get here. 
The only thing I'd change is...
Realizing earlier that I wanted to make writing a career. 
How about you? 
Are you living your dream yet? 
Do tell. 

Always, 
Em-Musing




-->

9 comments:

Liza said...

Good for you! So glad you are living your dream.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I bet you're really surprised to realize you're living the dream.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well done! Now keep enjoying that dream.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Yes, it does sound like you are already living our dream. And I feel like I'm living the dream (since you asked). I'm a retired teacher who write full time. My husband and I go to Spain and Portugal and have made wonderful friends in both places. I recently had a book of poems accepted by one publisher and my cozy mystery, set in Portugal, was just released by another. I feel really grateful for all of it.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

That was "living your dream" (not "our dream" Lol.

Pat Garcia said...

In other words, you made it. You are living your dream and I am very happy for you.

All the best.

Shalom aleichem,
Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

Rachna Chhabria said...

Living your dream is so cool.

Satta King said...

satta king

satta king

satta king

satta king If you apply what you've just learned, you'll discover that time managements contributes greatly to your success. Mindful rearrangement of your schedule and allowing time for what really needs to be accomplished is the secret to an organized life.

prince said...

play bazaar You may consider attending a stock market seminar in your area if you are finding yourself completely in the dark about how everything works.