Tuesday, April 17, 2012

THE BIG O


The alphabet is a journey of 26 letters...
Each letter begins a new story. 
OMG!
The MVRWA members invited me to join!
(Maumee Valley Romance Writers of America)

As I sat down and looked at everyone…
I realized they all looked normal…
But I don’t know what I expected…
Writers are just normal people, right?

And then...
“Hi,” the woman next to me whispered, “I write erotica.”
OMG!
I never met anyone who wrote erotica…
But I never met anyone who wrote anything before.
So, what did I expect to happen...
A dildo to pop up out of purse?
I wondered what kind of research she does…
But just as my mind started going down that bunny hole.
(OK that didn’t sound nice)
Another author proclaimed...

"I'm going to my kill darling…
Anyone know of a good poison that’s undetectable?"
Was no one alarmed but me? 

A little while later, another author piped in …
"Help! My goat! I've got to find a place to put my goat?"

The room erupted with laughter.
Lord! Were they into bestiality?
I later learned she puts a goat in all of her stories. 
Just before the meeting ended, another female writer confessed...
"I'm writing my first M/M story. Anyone know some good websites?"
OMG!
I didn't understand. Woman and  M/M?

Who were these people?
And my daughter knows the one with the goat?
Just when I was adamant I would not join…
I got…”P’d" on…
Find out how tomorrow.

Always, Em-Musing


 

15 comments:

farawayeyes said...

sounds like a fun group. Also, a good book title "I Write Erotica' by OMG.

Anonymous said...

Great post. would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. Sounds like a great place to pick up some wonderful ideas to write about...and a lot of that would be through basic observation I reckon. Funny how we can get a bit side tracked at the start and everything which follows seems to confirm what may well have been a misinterpretation of the actual. Best wishes.

Shay Lacy said...

Your story is hilarious. Thanks for jump starting my morning. Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read it.

Constance Phillips said...

These A-Z posts have been very entertaining. But your view from the inside of your first writer's group meeting are especially wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like an interesting group. Can't wait to hear what happens next.

Anonymous said...

Your OMG post made me LOL! Loved it!

Pat Hatt said...

LOL the goat one was funny. And you got P'd on? That doesn't sound good..hahaha

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hysterical!!!

Julie Flanders said...

LOL, this is my favorite post yet. Very funny!! Can't wait for P. :)

Tracy Jo said...

Lol!!!! OMG! What a fun group. I just burst out laughing about the dildo popping out of her purse. :-) Great post!

Jessica Salyer said...

Sounds like a great group. I'll for sure be back tomorrow, I have to find out about being P'd on. ;)

Nicki said...

Sounds like a GREAT group of people! I envy your location!

Melissa Sugar said...

Hilarious post and what a fun group to belong to. I can't wait for your post tomorrow. I have to know what "I got p'd on " means.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

ROFL! YOU are awesome. :) I had a librarian recommend erotica to me! A religious librarian LOL! I still haven't been brave enough to read it. Maybe one day when I'm not such a pansy ;)

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

hahaha! You had quite a time, didn't you? I like the lady's idea of putting a goat in every story.