Saturday, April 7, 2012

GEE SPOT


The alphabet is a journey of 26 letters...
Each letter begins a new story...
Today it's "H's" turn.
So after hanging up from my sister…
I made a large Kahlua and cream…
Grabbed my manuscript…
And plunked down on the couch.
After scanning the first few pages…
Of Alice the editor’s red penned notes…
I sighed, grabbed my glass…
Took a mouthful of the creamy elixir…
And gave up!
I gave up feeling sorry for myself…
I gave up feeling like a loser.
I gave up thinking I was perfect...
I gave up my ego.
I mean, Gee?
Why did I think just because I created a good story…
That it automatically made me a good writer?
That I didn’t have to pay dues…
To learn this craft...
Like every other published author? 
And besides…
Alice did have encouraging comments…
“Chapter 20 is a page-turner. I couldn’t go to sleep
till I found out what happened to Mira.”
I downed two more Kahlua and creams…
(yeah, I’m a lush)
While I skimmed the rest of the manuscript.
I then decided I’d digest it all again in detail tomorrow.
The next morning when I woke up I…
OMG!
Had such a...
Ah, ah, ah...
That’s for “H” to tell you the rest.

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

farawayeyes said...

Ah, Gee whiz!

Sara Hill said...

Ditto what farawayeyes said! :)

Dawn Embers said...

Gee indeed! *giggles*

Going to have to wait for that pesky H. Now I wonder what X and Z will hold, hehe.

Pat Hatt said...

The cat could learn from your Gee, he still has quite the ego, thanfully Pat doesn't though..haha

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Taunting us now!

Gossip_Grl said...

Nice posting and Kahlua and Cream most definately. Can't wait for the next installment letter!