Thursday, April 12, 2012

K?


The alphabet is a journey of 26 letters...
Each one begins a story.
Your first time…
Were you giddy?
Where were you?

Did you wonder where it would lead?
What happened next?
Kiss!
I’m talking about your first kiss.
Well, those early day of editing…
Felt like my first kiss…
(well, kinda. NOTHING is like a first kiss)
I was giddy…
And I didn’t know where it would lead.
Sure, I had my fantasies...

But fantasies only satisfy to a point.
I had to get back to reality...
And plan what I needed to do next...
Of course. it was..

Send a query letter…
Again. 

But according to Alice the editor...
My current query missed one critical element...
I still had to figure out what in the…
He, he, he “L” will finish this tale..

Always, Em-Musing

14 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

:) Finishing a first draft is kind of like that. Love the analogy.

mooderino said...

Ah, my first kiss. Wonder when it'll come...

Sweet post.

Thanks for visiting my blog (the follow button is in the top right, although you may have to hit F5 to see it).

now following you,
mood
Moody Writing

farawayeyes said...

Editing and first kiss,is a leap for me,but then to each his own. I hate the editing process.

Sara Hill said...

My first kiss must have been extraordinary! :) Nothing like that in my writing life so far.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now you're just taunting us.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

I wish... If only all of life could be as exciting as a first kiss!

Barbara Watson said...

Hmmmmm, what was the query missing? I think mine's ready to go, but now I'm not so sure... :-)

Heather Spiva said...

Very nicely done ... :) Greetings from a fellow a to z'er

Tracy said...

yep, that's a wonderful feeling! I can relate~ great K post!

Anonymous said...

I remember my first kiss. She was two grades older than me. I couldn't believe my luck!

Dawn Embers said...

Hmmm... did not expect a Kiss post for this one. lol I'm hoping my first sending of queries and such feels better than my first kiss. ;-)

Ro @ Eat Live Move said...

I, too, was giddy before and after my first kiss! Good times!


Eat Live Move: Intuitive Eating from A to Z

Slamdunk said...

Well done.

First kiss... I am sure if I thought about it the details would return to me. But not remembering prob says more than enough about it.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Ding-Dang reality!