Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P'D UPON


The alphabet is a journey of 26 letters...
Each letter begins a new story. 
While I was shocked by the conversations…
Of these writers of MVRWA….
I was also intrigued…
And while not sure yet what to think…
I liked these women.
They made me laugh.
They got my juices flowing.
(writer juices, that is)
And then…
One Propositioned me.
“Would you like to join us for—
Oh no!
Join them?
For what?
Some kinky kind of—
“Lunch? the woman asked.”
Before I could think…
My brain farted and I blurted out…
“Sure. Love to.”
Ah? Where was lunch?
Some underground club?
(are there such places in Toledo?)
Hmm? I could approach "lunch" like research...

Or an adventure…
And lord, at my age, adventures don’t come often.
So off I went…
Find out where and what happened tomorrow…
When “Q” will clue you in.

Always, Em-Musing

 

17 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Don't leave us hanging like that! Saucy!

Pat Hatt said...

haha McDonalds can be an adventure too..haha

Slam Dunk said...

Haha, Pat and I were thinking along the same line.

nutschell said...

haha! I'm sure you'll have another juicy writing-related post for tomorrow:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!

Lydia Kang said...

Is it Q-doba??? I must know.

Barbara Watson said...

When these are over, I'm clicking on the A-Z link and reading them as one complete story. They're awesome.

Unknown said...

The title of your blog entry alone cracked me up.

Golden Eagle said...

Oh, I can't wait for Q now! Great cliffhanger. :)


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I bet your imagination was going!

farawayeyes said...

Wondering what restaurant in Toledo starts with a Q. I guess I'll need to come back.

Stephanie said...

Looking forward to tomorrow. I love lunch dates :-)

Tracy said...

OH NO, EEEGADS! I would have freaked if that slipped out of my mouth! can't wait to hear how this turns out...

Kristen Pelfrey said...

Hi Em,
I enjoyed your story and want to check back on it tomorrow, so good job!
And thank you so much for stopping by my blog for A-Z and commenting!
:)Kristen

Dawn Embers said...

Nice. Lunch is always fun. ;-)

Damyanti Biswas said...

That's a cliffhanger :D

Look forward to the rest of your challenge run…can’t believe we’ve had 16 days already!
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Betty Alark said...

I'm having a blast! So funny!


http://bettyalark.blogspot.com

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Dear Diet, It's not me, it's you. You are bland, tasteless, and non-exciting. And I just can't stop cheating on you. This is goodbye.