Sunday, April 1, 2012

A STORY


A = Alphabet = a journey of 26 letters...
Each letter begins a story...
But I'm not going to use  alphabet for my "A" story...
Rather, my "A"  story started many years ago.
It had been two years of writing...
Hundreds of random pages...
Of disjointed thoughts and concepts.
When one day my right brain said to me...
"Um, you know you're writing a book, right?
"Ah Ha! 
I knew all this writing had to be good for something."
I'm still not sure where those creative ideas came from.
Another year later...
I had pulled a manuscript together titled: B--
Ah, ah ah...not till tomorrow...
When it's "B's" turn to tell a story.

Always, Em-Musing

12 comments:

farawayeyes said...

Ah-ha! I love it.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I read your post and thought, Wow, if one were to write a novel with each letter of the alphabet that would be 26 novels! Then I thought of the Alphabet series of Kinsey Millhone (the character, not the author, her name slips my mind).

unmitigated me said...

Karen, it's Sue Grafton. Worse - Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels are numbered. At least Grafton can see the end (V was just published).

I'm happy to meet you, Em. I signed up for the A-Z challenge just before you! I'll be back to hear more of the story...

Gossip_Grl said...

Nice post :) For me it is that moment that an idea pops into my head. So what a good beginning story to A-Z.;)

Judy said...

Ah, I wish I had the talent to write a book - all you talented authors are my heroes :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I love to tell a story. I don't love rewriting. It seems like I'm always rewriting. Ah well, at least I have feedback. May your rewrites always go smooth. Ciao

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't get ahead of yourself! You need that B story.

Sara Hill said...

You hooked me. I'll be back tomorrow!


thewritershadeofpale.blogspot.com

Tracy Jo said...

Looking forward to "B's" story! :-)

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

Ah-ha! What a creative "A" post! Can't wait to hear B's story!

Jessica Salyer said...

This put a smile on my face.

Laura Barnes said...

Emusing as always. :)