Thursday, April 26, 2012

V W'd


The alphabet is a journey of 26 letters...
Each letter begins a story.
Because last week Blogger had a few hiccups...
I’m catching up today…
By combining “V” & “W” as…
Visionary Writer.
Recently I’ve read that everything that was created…
Had to have been dreamed about first…
Someone had to have a vision of it…
And if your vision is strong enough…
And you envisioned it often…
Than the vision of what you dreamed will come true.
True?
For you?
Did/do you dream the agent’s call to you?
Did/do you see the cover of your book?
See it on the shelf?
I like to think I’m visionary…
I mean, I can see me as a published author…
But it hasn’t happened yet.
So, is success really all about visions?
And what? Do my visions suck?
Or is my vision so far out there…
It hasn’t gotten here yet?
I’ve even gone to a psychic who saw me published…
But what?
Is there an expiration date on visions?
And mine expired?
So?
All of you who are published…
Did you have a vision first?
And if you're not published yet...
Are you visionary?

Always, Em-Musing

10 comments:

farawayeyes said...

I hear what your saying and I agree BUT I also think you have to actively make it happen. Looks like that's exactly what you are doing. Finally I believe that you have to remember the time frame is not our own. When it comes to publishing I pray mine won't be post-humorously.

Ro @ Eat Live Move said...

What a timely post for me. I was just thinking about how I need to envision myself receiving several accomplishments and goals.

Like farawayeyes, I believe that's not enough but it does start with the mind. Great post!


Eat Live Move: Intuitive Eating from A to Z

Anonymous said...

I am a visionary but I think maybe the word you are looking for is envision
A visionary can see a plan, a change, an invention that has yet to be implemented - the work is long and arduous for the visionary

For years I envisioned myself the published writer mostly because I knew I had a backlog of stories that people loved hearing. I did it. I'm in magazines, periodicals... One little book that has gone around the globe you will never be able to buy in a book store. I believe it is now in three languages. It has a message for young and old.
If I could say one thing as a writer to writers - envision how your writing can make a difference

Will You
This site is a place I can write with a friend for fun...

Paula Martin said...

Great post. Reminds me of the song from South Pacific - "If you don't have a dream, you'll never have a dream come true."

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I had a vision just didn't expect it to happen.

ilima said...

I have visions. But I tend to forget or doubt later on, in moments of weakness.

Barbara Watson said...

Interesting to consider; I don't think I've thought about quite this way. I do a lot of hoping, which is sort of like envisioning.

Shay Lacy said...

I didn't have a vision. I had a dream (not while asleep) and I pursued it with all my heart. You're doing that too.

Dawn Embers said...

Interesting post. I like to envision myself as being published but I imagine a lot of things when I'm not watching my story ideas in my head. I've had a few sleeping dreams come true, parts of them, and it's just weird when that happens. A psychic has said that I can talk to animals... so not sure on that though I sometimes read tarot cards. Overall, thought provoking post.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I haven't even started by book yet..but I do a lot of daydreaming about everything I can put on those pages...