Tuesday, October 26, 2010

AFFECTED EFFECT

A strange wind blew through Sunday afternoon…
Bringing rapid gusts…
A greenish-yellow sky…
And thunder and lightening.
Standing in the kitchen doing dishes…
I watched this all unfold in just seconds.
Having had trouble with my computer.…
Not too long before…
I raced upstairs to my office to shut it down..
No sense tempting the fates.
I then turned the TV on to the local stations…
To make sure a tornado wasn’t heading this way.
Thank goodness, no…
Well, with the TV on, and no computer…
I sank down into the sofa…
Switched the channel to HBO…
And to my delight, The Lovely Bones was just starting.
Several years ago…
I had read the book by Alice Seybold…
So I knew the story and enjoyed reading it.
Wish I could say the same for the movie.
Oh, not that it wasn’t well done…
Because it was…
And that’s my point.
It was so well done…
I felt creeped-out for the rest of the day.
And the weather only enhanced that awful feeling.
It’s funny to me how I can feel so altered…
By something that’s not real.
The Shining, both the book and the movie…
Was another story that gave me the creeps.
And all stories by H.P. Lovecraft creep me out.
With Halloween approaching…
Is there a book or movie…
That has ever altered your mood or emotions…
In a creepy way?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Elena Solodow said...

Another win for Stephen King. Pet Sematary, book and movie, continue to haunt me.