Monday, October 11, 2010

WHO WEARS THE PANTS?

The problem with being a pantser…
Is sometimes…
You're caught
Without any pants on.
It’s called writer’s block
It’s like one day…
I go to my closet…
That’s jammed full of clothes…
But can’t find any pants to wear.
It’s called writer’s block
Oh, I have skirts and dresses…
And even fancy PJ’s…
But it’s not the same as wearing pants.
It’s called writer’s block
In fact yesterday…
I wore a very interesting outfit…
But it wasn’t the same as wearing pants.
It’s called writer’s block
This morning…
As I sit here
Still bare-assed…
I swear I’m going to find a pair of pants…
Any pants
And no matter how worn and torn they are
I’m putting them on.
That’s called editing…
You still have writer’s block.
No, conscious, I don't have writer's block
I have
A wardrobe malfunction.
That's all.
It's called writer's block.

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I've found that sometimes that writing frustration is just a way of contemplating a sticky point in whatever project I'm working on. Eventually I'll pull together the right outfit of words.

Tana said...

I'm always hesitant at the very beginning of my novels, just praying I fall in love with the story. I'm 10K in this one and am just starting to feel the love.

Unknown said...

I always hope that I'll skip the writer's block stage however I find myself half way through the novel I'm working on I get stuck, I have too many ideas, my character has several options she could make on her direction but she's scared on which one to take... thank goodness for my wonderful husband who can pull me out of my misery!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Cover that bare behind of yours, girl!
When I brainstorm, I usually write down a bunch of ideas that I want to happen or could happen just to have a back-up of ideas for when I get stuck. Sometimes I don't use them at all. But I like having that cushion. :)